Pangea Legal Services (Pangea) is a growing non-profit organization based in San Francisco, California. We serve the immigrant community, particularly in the area of deportation defense. In addition to direct services, we advocate on behalf of immigrants through policy advocacy, education, and legal empowerment efforts. Our vision is to live in a world where the fundamental right to move is respected by all.
We bring positive attitudes, enthusiasm, and humility to our work. We accept applications for fall, spring, and summer law clerks to join our team on a rolling basis and will accept up to two clerks per semester.
Law Clerk Position Description:
- Assist in providing direct legal representation to immigrants in removal proceedings
- Work with Pangea and coalition advocates to lead policy advocacy initiatives, community education, and coalition building efforts in the Bay Area
- Contribute to a small, tight-knit, and innovative nonprofit
Desired Skills, Qualities and Experience:
- Fluency or proficiency in Spanish (other languages a plus)
- Passion for refugee, immigrant, and human rights
- Prior immigration or refugee law experience
- Ability to work independently and in teams alike
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
During the academic school year, we require a minimum commitment of 16 hours/week. During the summer, we require a full time commitment for a minimum of 10 weeks.
How to Apply:
If you believe you might be a good fit, please submit a cover letter, resume, copy of your transcript, and three references to email@example.com. Please indicate “[Semester/Year] Law Clerk Application” in the subject line of your email.
Pangea is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.