Pangea Legal Services (Pangea) is a growing non-profit organization based in San Francisco and Santa Clara County. We advocate for immigrants in deportation proceedings who have avenues to lawful status through legal representation, community empowerment, and policy advocacy. Our vision is to live in a world where the fundamental right to move is respected by all.
We are recruiting a receptionist and operations manager to join our San Francisco team. This is a pivotal position in creating a welcoming atmosphere for a diverse community of immigrant clients who visit our space and call on a daily basis. If you are someone with a positive attitude, high standards of excellence, and a love for the community we serve, then please apply!
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere as the first point of contact with diverse community members, clients, government officials, funders and other partners
- Receive and respond to a high volume of phone calls and emails
- Manage office space, calendaring, and stocking of supplies
- Provide general administrative support, process mailings, and ensure smooth technological operations
- Take on grant reporting and bookkeeping responsibilities
- Help establish internal policies as our non-profit grows
- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish (native strongly preferred) and English
- Ability to prioritize multiple and changing tasks
- Desire to invest in Pangea’s growth and development
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Pangea is a collaborative, nonhierarchical/horizontal organization, where salaries are equal among all staff after the first six months of employment at $52,000/year
- Benefits include professional development training, medical and dental, preventative health benefits, a socially responsible retirement package, and an annual right to move stipend
This position will begin in early 2017, and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. If you believe you might be a good fit, please submit a cover letter, resume, copy of your transcript (if applicable), and three references to email@example.com. Please indicate “Receptionist and Operations Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Pangea is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We believe diversity makes us stronger and we welcome applicants diverse in race, religion, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other areas.