POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Legal Internship (San Francisco)
Pangea Legal Services is a growing non-profit organization based in San Francisco and Santa Clara County. Our vision is to live in a world where individuals can realize their fundamental right to move. We work toward this vision through legal representation of immigrants in deportation proceedings, community empowerment, and policy advocacy. We are currently recruiting summer and fall law clerks to join our team. If you are someone with a positive attitude, a passion for producing high-quality work, and a love for the community we serve, then please apply!
- Assist in providing direct legal representation to immigrants in removal proceedings
- Contribute to policy advocacy initiatives, community education, and coalition building efforts in the Bay Area
- Contribute to a small, tight-knit, and innovative nonprofit
- Fluency or proficiency in Spanish (other languages a plus)
- Passion for refugee, immigrant, and human rights
- Prior immigration or refugee law experience
- Ability to work independently and in teams alike
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
If you believe you might be a good fit, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, copy of your transcript, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Spring 2019/Summer 2019 Law Clerk Application” in the subject line of your email. During the academic school year, we require a minimum commitment of 16 hours/week. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Pangea is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We believe diversity makes us stronger and we welcome applicants diverse in race, religion, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other areas.