VOLUNTEER POSITION: SPANISH TRANSLATOR (WORK REMOTELY)
Pangea Legal Services (Pangea) is a growing non-profit organization based in San Francisco, California. We serve the immigrant community, particularly in the area of deportation defense. In addition to direct services, we advocate on behalf of immigrants through policy advocacy, education, and legal empowerment efforts. Our vision is to live in a world where the fundamental right to move is respected by all.
Pangea is currently looking for volunteer Spanish to English translators. This is a remote position, perfect for busy students and working professionals looking to make an impact. Translations can be done at home during flexible hours.
TRANSLATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION:
• Translate legal documents, personal letters, and news reports from written Spanish into written English
DESIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proficiency in written Spanish and English
• Attention to detail in writing
• Ability to work independently
• Passion for refugee, immigrant, and human rights
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you might be a good fit, please submit a resume and 1-paragraph description of your Spanish and English language abilities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Translator Application” in the subject line of your email.