Looking for ways to support the immigrant community? We’ve compiled a list of 7 ways YOU can make a difference!
1. Become a Migra Watch Observer & ICE Raids Responder: Volunteer your time to document and monitor ICE officials during immigration raids in real-time.
● Interest form: Once filled out, you will receive emails informing you about upcoming Migra Watch trainings.
2. Volunteer with Pangea – We are currently looking for Spanish to English translators. This is a remote position for those looking to make an impact!
● How To Apply: If you think you are a good fit, please apply!
3. Take Action: Attending protests and rallies shows that our community is strong, united, and powerful. We will not sit idly by while our people are experiencing mistreatment by the new administration.
● Bay Area Resistance & Rapid Response: Receive updates for actions in the Bay Area about immigration and other resistance efforts.
● FreeSF: Upcoming events in San Francisco
4. Make your voice heard: Call your representatives and speak up about policies that are important to you and directly impact our community.
● 5calls.org: Makes calling your legislator easy and effective! Research and a script is already provided for you.
5. Boycott Trump: A small step, like boycotting business that support the new administration, can have great impact if we act collectively.
● List of companies doing business with the Trump family – how to contact companies and demand action.
6. Get Informed: Keeping yourself informed is vital to monitoring and responding to xenophobic policies. Being an ally means educating yourself about the issues of the communities you support.
● FreeSF: Immigrant policies in San Francisco
● California Immigrant Policy Center: Current Immigration policies in California
● National Immigration Law Center: Information about Civil Rights in ICE Encounters
7. Donate: If you can, contribute to Pangea Legal Services to enable us to actively work alongside the immigrant community for dignity and freedom to move for all.